Thursday 30 October 2014

Fashion: Season of the Witch

Season of the Witch

Greetings, Darklings! As you've probably guessed by now, my wardrobe is an eternal pit of black, black and more black - mix that with my pale complexion, dark hair and I may as well be a creature of the night."Does this black match?" has become a light-hearted joke within my daily routine of getting dressed every morning. I adore the weather leading up the the festive season. Funnily enough, I become a more content person. Pumpkin spice lattes and cosy clothes are a winner in my books. Add Keaton Henson's 'Birthdays' album and alluring architecture into the equation and I'm ready to set off for the day.

Here are some of my all-time favourite items I've accumulated over the past few months and a couple of bits that I've yet to purchase: 

Since American Horror Story: Coven aired, fedoras have made their way back into fashion and are becoming a staple accessory in every women's wardrobe. I find these types of hats oh-so-very aesthetically pleasing to the point where I've began hoarding a collection of them - I think I might have a problem. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that the Charlie Chaplin bowler hat craze is very, very scarce on the men's side of the spectrum. Sigh. However, if you've been on the hunt for the perfect hat then this one's definitely for you! They're warm, ideal for bad hair days and add a bit of chicness to the most basic of outfits! 

I know what you're thinking. Sunglasses in the winter, are you mad? Sunglasses are completely optional. But, this small alteration helps to make your outfit a bit more stylish. I'm all about simplicity. Take a little black dress, accessorise the hell out of it and you'll be surprised with the miscellaneous looks you've managed to create! I adore Audrey Hepburn's style and everything vintage. If you're hungover or nostalgic and favour sleep over getting ready in the morning then you'll be a constant wearer of these contemporary shades. I certainly am!

ASOS LACE CHOKER - £6.00:
I've been eyeing this choker up for a while now. I had one similar to it a few years ago. Although they're viewed as more of an elegant accessory, they don't look out of place when you style it with a less dressy outfit. I have more than my fair share of chokers - most of which are leather, spiked and give off 'deathrock' vibes. However, I also love the look of lace chokers for the simple reason they remind me of the romantic goth era and are elegant. 

H&M BIKER JACKET - £35.00:
Ah, the bad-ass biker jacket. I purchased a quilted jacket similar to this one a couple of years ago in H&M which I wear religiously. As much as I'd like to invest in a real leather jacket, I can't afford an AllSaints one at the moment thus this is an excellent alternative because for the price you really cannot go wrong! It's warm and goes with everything. What more could you ask for? 

LAVISH ALICE DRESS - £58.00:
Surprise, surprise! If you're like me and treat everyday like Halloween, this modernised Wednesday Addams dress is a must-have item. It's made of a very high quality material thus I don't mind paying that extra bit of money because of the wearability you get out of it. I wear black dresses on a daily basis and nine times out of ten, I look as though I'm on my way to a funeral. However, dresses are comfy and effortless. This item has been discontinued but you can find a cheaper alternative in Primark and Hellfire which can be dressed both up or down depending on the occasion - it's entirely up to you! If you're a lover of The Addams Family then you'll be captivated by this beauteous find. 

I've been on the lookout for the perfect scarf for years. I've accumulated a basket full of them but they're monotonous and not as cosy as I'd like them to be thus I tend to go without wearing one which I can't afford to do because of the weather. It's necessary to wrap up warm thus I went on the hunt and found a woollen tube scarf which you can make as tight or as loose as you want depending on your preference. It goes with everything and I have to say, it's the warmest scarf I've managed to find for less than £15.00. What a steal!

H&M HANDBAG - £30.00:
I wear backpacks frequently because I can never find a bag spacious enough to fit my everyday necessities into. If you're a student, you'll know what I mean. I worry that they'll collapse out of the blue - that happened to my Lamb of God bag whilst I was in college and I had to lug it about town which was an absolute nightmare to say the least. H&M is one of my favourite shops as they never disappoint me - from clothes to bags to accessories, you name it. I was extremely pleased with this find as it's sturdy, classy and you can alter it to make it as big as you need it to be which is convenient! 

Doc Martens are by far the best footwear for gigs and Scottish weather. They're effortless to style and look great on everyone regardless of what the individual is wearing. They last for years, the more you wear them the comfier they become and they're perfect for every occasion. I find myself wearing the classic black style a lot more that any of my other Doc Martens but you can wear whichever style takes your fancy. These ones are currently on sale for half the price so grab yourself a bargain! 

Every female will have experienced the problem of trying your hardest not to smudge your nails but failing every single time without a doubt. NARS nail polish is an absolute godsend. It's chip-resistant, pigmented and long-lasting. It usually stays on until the end of the week which saves me having to reapply it constantly. Although it's a bit on the pricier side, it's true to its word, especially with the darker shades.

Pandora has been my go-to palette recently. It contains the two basic colours I use on a day to day basis. They're very pigmented thus a little goes a long way and this palette lasts for months. The white shimmery shade is a lovely 'popping' colour for the inner corner of your eyes. You could even blend them together and create a smoky eye effect. They look amazing alone or together, they're long-wearing and don't crease. Hallelujah! 

Although M.A.C lipsticks are expensive compared to Superdrug, Boots, etc, they come in a large variety of unique shades and formulas. I've been looking for that perfect matte dark lip for months and when I found Diva, I was more than content. It's an intense reddish-burgundy colour that is wearable for every season. It can be quite drying on the lips so it is advised that you apply a lip balm. However, it is highly pigmented, has good staying power and adds a very feminine touch to such a trendy look.

What have been your favourite go-to clothing items and accessories recently? Leave a comment below, I'm intrigued to know!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment