Sunday 19 October 2014

My Favourite YouTubers!

Greetings, Darklings! Today, I woke up feeling inspired thus I've spent a large portion of the day attempting to put my thoughts into words. Is it just me whom finds this difficult? An idea will pop into my head and by the time I've written it down, it's evolved into a jumbled mess that doesn't seem as appealing as it did earlier. It's frustrating because I love writing, I love fancy literacy and I love sophisticated words that are more alluring than the definition itself. I'm starting to wonder whether it's because I've not been reading as much lately. 
Reading has been substituted with YouTube. I was aimlessly scrolling through my subscriptions earlier and it came to my attention that I've subscribed to over two hundred channels. It's abnormal, I don't remember watching that many people but I thought I'd share with you some of my favourites whom make me feel that little bit more jovial and hopefully, you'll be inspired by one of the following individuals to become more motivated, perhaps. So without further ado, - in no particular order - I present to you:

REZZ ATRANA -
First, we have Rezz Atrana whom is one of the most intriguing YouTubers I've stumbled upon. I’ve been subscribed to him for around two years now and ever since then, his Dutch accent has substantially grown on me along with his sincere views. He's an excessively artistic individual whom is very in touch with the dark side. He portrays audio-visual content in a very thought-provoking manner and his conspicuous aesthetics gives justice to whom he is as a person; enthralling and oh-so-very captivating in more ways that you could possibly imagine. People whom are unfamiliar with the gothic subculture are under the impression that anyone whom identifies themselves as being part of the community carries ‘doom and gloom’ personality traits. However, despite the fact he may appear aloof upon first glance, you will be truly mesmerised by how intellectual and perpetually charismatic one mortal – or should I say immortal - being can be. He is very quirky and doesn't take himself seriously which is shown through a video titled "HOEW TU B 4 TRUW GJUFF1CK!" where he gives fifteen tips on how to be a "true goth" and advices people to "never walk in the sun and never show any expression or emotion on your face" because "if you are a goth then you are a child of the darkness and you are always depressed." By the time he got to tip seven: "become a satanist and be part of witchcraft", I was on the verge of tearing up from laughing so vigorously due to the fact that he is sassy beyond words. At the end of his videos he says "do not subscribe" which is effective as it shows he operates differently from other YouTubers whom do the polar opposite and openly ask people to subscribe. Is that just me or do you also agree? (oh, look, it would appear that I've inherited his rappin' abilities).

KAZLOVESBATS -
Then, we have Allison Eckfeldt, an enchanting German-born lady whom I have a growing infatuation with. Can you really blame me? She's cultured, absolutely breathtaking and the lead vocalist for the Synthpop/Darkwave band 'Esoterik'. Not to mention, a Lord of the Rings fanatic. What more could you ask for? I've been subscribed to her for as long as I can remember and despite the fact that I'm not someone whom tends to watch a lot of make-up tutorials, I've always thoroughly enjoyed her take on how to achieve a specific look due to the fact that we not only share similar interests such as literature, folklore and paganism but aesthetically, a similar style. I could probably go as far to say that she's shown me the world in a different light - a beauteous one, so to speak; through the energy that is projected from every single one of her videos which differ from paranormal sightings to hauls to DIY creations - you name it. Within every subculture there are elitists whom are very arrogant - in this case, towards "baby bats" (someone under sixteen whom knows nothing about the scene regarding traditional gothic music or the artistic and literature aspects thus are referred to as being superficial or a 'poser'). However, she's very empathetic towards the 'newbies' aspiring to get into the scene by making the comment of "We all started somewhere in the goth subculture and we all grow into beautiful souls. Always find beauty in darkness and from darkness, create beauty." She's truly an old soul - one who's perception of the world will leave you awestruck. 



ITSBLACKFRIDAY -
Moving on, we come to Freyja MacLeod whom identifies as Vendredi Noire - if I recall correctly, it translates straight from the country of passion as 'Black Friday'. She's the vocalist for 'Whores of Whitechapel', a Victorian Gothic Rock band from New Zealand... I declare ten points to Slytherin for the... the... um... alliteration... ah, yes. Absolutely spiffing, ma'am! She's not just a pretty face. She's a music video director, a writer and a production designer. I'd like to become involved in the Broadcast Journalism sector thus a lot of my inspiration strives from this wondrous woman. The content of her videos tend to fluctuate between aesthetics, DIY, make-up, spooky goodness and vlogs - her fiancee, Mr. Owl - whom is utterly dashing, may I add - appears in a select few of them. My favoured video would most definitely have to be "We're Engaged! Goths Do The Boyfriend Tag" due to the fact that the connection between them is strong enough to make lovers weep. They remind me of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice as they're both exceedingly well read. Figuratively speaking, I noticed that she carries similar personality traits to both Rezz and Allison as she doesn't take stereotypes seriously yet is benevolent when it comes to any queries that are answered in her videos. Has anyone else noticed that?



TOXIC TEARS -
Surprise, surprise. My favourite YouTuber is Kaya Lili, an alternative model from Belfast whom has created sublime content despite only just kick-starting her channel back up earlier this year. I'd like to start off by saying that her accent makes me weak at the knees, as does any other Irish accent so when that was brought into the equation along with the fact that she resembles a gothified version of Snow White, I was mind-blown. Porcelain skin, black pools of allurement and a half crescent in her smile. That in itself is enough to obliterate any girl's confidence. However, with that being said, it is clear to see that she is a very kind-hearted and down to earth creature of the night whom I cannot find the right words to describe. You know that way when you discover a TV series or a video game that you're automatically captivated by? I guess that could be classed as an accurate description. If that wasn't enough, she also has a gaming channel called Metal Ass Gaming where she plays old and new games with her boyfriend and their friend. It's pretty humorous to say the least and it is definitely another channel I'd recommend watching if you're a fan of Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Dino Crisis 2, Sonic Adventures, etc. I could spend hours watching walkthroughs, maybe that's just me but I find them compelling and these guys make the games 10x funnier to watch. Who knows, maybe it'll encourage you to start your own gaming channel.

LAURA LEJEUNE - 
Next, we have Laura Lejeune. Ah, Laura. You're probably familiar with her second channel Lauraacanflyy where her content is based around the alternative scene; dreadlocks, hair dying, piercings, tattoos, reviews, etc and vlogging shenanigans. Can I add that she is absolutely stunning. I can honestly say that there hasn't been one video I've watched from start to finish and pondered "Why did I waste my time watching that?". I think she's fan-bloody-tastic and deserves a lot more subscribers than she currently has due to the amount of time, effort that goes into each and every one of her videos - consistency, included. Then we come to her other channel which I have a lot to thank for. There's not many - if any - mental health and pro-recovery activists on YouTube whom are there to help people in need and raise awareness for the closed-minded people with misconceptions. It's refreshing to see the impact that one person alone has on a vast majority of people all over the world whom are suffering from an illness/various illnesses that is/are either a) regarded as attention seeking or b) not taken seriously. She gets other people from the YouTube community and her audience involved which radiates an unbiased opinion so if you're looking for a coping mechanism in regards to suffering with self-harm, depression, weight and confidence issues, etc then this lovely lady never fails to give you a wee confidence boost.

RUBY BOOK -
Last but not least is Ruby Book whom identifies as an androgynous "mall goth" with an admiration for punk rock and poetry. Mention those two interests and I'm already drawn in. After stumbling across her 'Why I am a feminist' video, I found the points she made highly intriguing despite the fact that I personally wouldn't regard myself as a feminist but hey, I'm eternally researching into topics that I'd like to know more about. I decided to make my way - as Sid Vicious would say "I did it my way" - through the remainder of her videos and I was definitely not disappointed. Not only is she a unique breed, she is tremendously articulate for someone her age and is miscellaneous in comparison to any other YouTuber that I've watched. Personally, I love her OOTD's (outfit of the day) because her thrifted items are unlike anything I've seen before. She's very amiable and more focused on making people happy as opposed to caring about the insignificant feedback that she receives. Why does she receive negativity, you might ask? That's something I, myself cannot fathom. 

So there we have it, those are my six favourite YouTube accounts. I hope this was beneficial for some of you. The people whom I've mentioned are definitely worth being subscribed to... it would appear that I'm a pro at that. If you would like me to spice things up a little and feature my favourite Instagram accounts, authors, directors, etc in a post then feel free to leave a comment below and I'd be more than happy to do so.

If you're also subscribed to anyone whom is listed, let me know what your views are on them. Also, whom are your favourite YouTubers? I'm intrigued to know! 
 
        

2 comments:

  1. Woa! Many many thanks for the kind and lovely words! Never thought people would write such things about me, or the things I do. Thanks!

    -Rezz

    ReplyDelete